As an award-winning FinTech company and a leader in the payment Industry, Zomaron is a hub of innovative thinkers looking to create a safer, faster and smarter payment solution for our customers. We strive to ensure we provide the best solutions in payment technology and software. Zomaron is named one of ‘Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies’ 3 consecutive years in a row, recognized as one of Canada's Best Workplaces in Technology’ (2018), and named one of the ‘Best 50 Places to Work in Canada’ (2017/2018)!
As a Finance Manager, you’ll lead the day-to-day activities of the finance/accounting/billing team and report directly to the VP of Finance. You’ll review and coach the staff day-to-day, you will lead the month-end close and reporting process (financial statement preparation, balance sheet reconciliations, completing cash flows, performing actual to budget variance analysis, entering complex journal entries, etc). You'll lead the implementation of any new accounting standards across the organization as well as building controls and process documentation to help identify risks and drive efficient internal processes. This is an unstructured environment, and so your resourcefulness, ability to ramp up quickly, multi-task and stay very organized is an asset!
If you are an articulate, professional and driven individual who enjoys being challenged and being kept busy, then we want to hear from you!
- Assist with month-end and year-end accounting and reporting to key internal and external stakeholders
- Completing monthly GST HST PST etc remittances and filings
- Constantly monitor covenants, conditions
- Review policies and procedures continuously for automation and efficiencies
- Preparation of budget data and performing monthly budgetary performance analysis
- Prepare forecast reports which summarize and forecast business activities and financial position in areas of income, expenses, & earnings, based on past, present, and expected operations
- Developing and analyzing current financial projection data
- Managing the flow of data from remote facilities and preparing consolidated reporting
- Overseeing a team of 2-3 individuals in the finance and billing department as well as the teams in other provinces who report to Head Office
- Mentor, guide, and train the team
- Oversee payroll (commission, salary, residuals)
- Provide departmental budgets and complete monthly ROI analysis
- Review and approve journal entries and account reconciliations; analyze accounts for unusual transactions.
- Remain up-to-date on new accounting procedures and their effect on financial statements
- Coordinate audits with external auditors.
- Lots of on-demand requests and projects from the VP Finance and CEO/CFO.
This position is a challenging position that requires an individual who can handle stress, who can dig deep and do simple tasks and also step back and perform higher-level tasks. Zomaron functions similar to a start-up and therefore the flexibility and adaptability and openness to numerous tasks happening all at once is a must for one to succeed.
The company has recently undergone two acquisitions and looks to continue to identify attractive software targets to acquire. This position is crucial for the growth, success, and future of the company. A successful individual has the opportunity to grow with the company.
- Post-secondary education in Finance or Accounting
- CPA designation or equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience in the Accounting field
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and make qualified decisions
- Ability to multitask, handle high levels of stress and manage a team
- Sound proficiency in Microsoft Office
Why work for Zomaron?
- Zomaron offers competitive compensation packages with extensive health, dental and vision plan, as well as a Healthcare Spend Account.
- Certified as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for 2017/2018 our office culture is like no other – with daily breakfast, weekly catered lunches, and many social events such as potlucks, gaming events, fitness activities and holiday parties.
- Our new state of the art office facility comes with a games room and a fully stocked kitchen as well as round the clock snacks and a commercial grade hot beverage bar (we love food!)
- We offer flexible scheduling to promote a healthy work/life balance as well as mechanical stand-up/sit-down desks
- Perkopolis: Company Perk Plan. Participation in corporate events and conferences.
- And with our continued growth, comes the huge potential for career advancement
- We employ an engaged and diverse workforce of all ages and ethnicities
**Zomaron is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at the time you are selected for an interview.