Metropolitan Maintenance, recipient of the Best Cleaning Service in London Award (8 Years in a Row), the Consumer Choice Award (7 Years in a Row), the Family Enterprise of the Year Award, the London Quality Award and the Business Integrity Award, is a family-owned janitorial service provider that has been in business since 1980, celebrating over 39 years of service excellence. Located in London, Ontario, we presently service airports, professional office complexes, government buildings, medical facilities, industrial plants, financial institutions, retail centres, educational facilities, recreation centres, museums, construction cleanups and much more!
POSITION: AREA SUPERVISOR
SOME RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (further details will be provided at the interview stage):
- Perform site inspections as per quality assurance program
- Assist in problem solving situations with employee scheduling, work scheduling, site cleaning standards, client questions/concerns
- Respond to client requests and concerns with solutions in a timely manner
- Supervise project work and construction cleanups
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance to equipment
- Deliver supplies and equipment to work sites
- Oversee and manage new account start-ups
- Train new employees
- Participate and assist in recruitment, selection and orientation of staff
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience in the janitorial/cleaning industry.
- Experience operating floor scrubbers, buffing machines, carpet steam cleaners, and other janitorial/cleaning equipment.
- Valid driver's licence (company vehicle will be provided).
- Clear criminal background check.
- Willing to work flexible hours (sometimes weekends).
- Self-motivated, reliable and bondable.
- Problem solver that is knowledgable and confident in making decisions.
- The successful candidate must comply with all company guidelines and ISO 9001 policies and procedures.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in applying for the position of Area Supervisor, please send your cover letter and resume to:
PLEASE QUOTE "AREA SUPERVISOR" IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR E-MAIL OR FAX.