The Customer Service Coordinator is an experienced, highly-motivated, multi-taking individual with strong customer relations and administrative expertise. This person is the first point of contact for our office, both over the phone and in-person. This position is responsible for assisting customers, coordinate of daily office administration, communication with SCH team members and supporting the Operations Manager as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain presence at the SCH London Office daily between the hours of 8:30AM and 4:30PM to welcome visitors and provide assistance as needed.
- Maintain SCH phones including answering and returning customer calls, addressing questions, providing quotes, following up, etc.
- Maintain SCH email account including responding to customer inquiries, providing quotes, confirming orders, following up, etc.
- Process orders received via email, phone and fax.
- Process receivables.
- Review and authorize payment of payables (incl. credit cards, UPS, FedEx, etc.).
- Prepare information and undertake the day-end reconciliation.
- Facilitate order pick-up and drop-off by local customers and shipping companies.
- Monitor and maintain office inventory supplies and order replacements as needed.
- Perform clerical and administration functions.
- Prepare product labels, installation instructions, etc.
- Process cross-border invoices.
- Process Customer returns.
- Undertake warehouse operations tasks including lifting, moving, sorting and packaging hardware.
- Picking and filling Customer orders.
- Plan and oversee Health and Safety procedures.
- Organize special functions and Staff social events.
- Prepare and send SCH Christmas cards.
- Maintain office in a clean and organized manner.
- Support the Operations Manager as needed.
- Various other customer service related and administrative tasks.
Capabilities and Credentials
- Requires customer service and sales experience engaging with people over the phone and in-person.
- Requires administrative experience reading, writing, grammar, math and excellent clerical and communication skills.
- Requires skills in using computer applications for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet navigation, email and calendars.
- Requires intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Suite (incl. Word, Excel and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Requires familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Friendly, welcoming personality and professional demeanor, and social skills such as coordination, service orientation and social perceptiveness.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Efficient multi-tasking and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone or with minimal direction.
- Willingness to learn and grow with the company.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.